Mittwoch, 30. März 2011

Relay as N-scale switch motor.

Last saturday I was surprised by such a nice and simple idea to set N-scale switches that I wanted to experiment withthis by my self.
Not all I needed I had at stock so I had to make some compromises.

The parts I used for the experiment:
  • N-Scale switch undone from the original coil driver
  • Bi-stable relais (shouldbe a normal type)
  • Paperclip
  • DC model railroad Transformer with throttle
I did bend the paperclip in a L-shape and soldered it on the relay armature after I had removed the plastic chassis.
After drilling a small hole in the center of the throw rod I inserted the paperclips short side into it.

No it was time to do the test.
With the relay connected to the transformer, and the switch to the relay, I turned the throttle to about 10V...

Yes! The switch was thrown by the relay!

I like this solution. The relay costs about 1,60 Euro and can also be used to polarize the electro frog of the switch.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen